PROS AND CONS OF A GPS BAIT BOAT
As the Bait Boat market grows and Grows in the UK and Europe the technology that you can now obtain is some what game changing, OR IS IT.
GPS BAIT BOAT
Is there a need? Why a GPS Bait Boat? Well its simple really a GPS BAIT BOAT will deliver your bait to the exact same location set by you time after time and is perfect for hitting your designated spots time after time ensuring your bait and hook are in the same spot you have been baiting over your session. Well you would like to think thats the case thats why we purchase these GPS Bait Boats.
- Saves Casting - Well there is that.
- Hits the spot every time - But Does it ?
- Most Bait Boats have a safety setting using GPS meaning that if the Boat Fails it will automatically come back to the home spot saved on GPS. - Actually not a bad idea and really does work in cases where the connection to the remote and boat is lost
- Everything is done automatically - Perfect for us lazy anglers, this is actually a really good feature especially when setting bobbins etc after bait has been dropped
- Easy to use - on some boats yes like the Godio Range doesn't really get as easy as that.
- Google Maps and Bing Maps - Have to admit pretty Nifty but shit the bed it costs to get something like this but well worth it if you have the monies to spend.
- Can Easily Sail to the Spot in the Dark
- Disturbing the person next to you by Spodding. - My Gosh and there are people who can not spod.
- Well we all know GPS can go wrong
- The More tech in a Bait Boat the more can go wrong
- Did you know that GPS is only accurate to around 1 to 8 Feet
- Can you imagine at Night your GPS decides to get possessed by the GPS Demons and decides to F Off up the Lake in to the next swim. All of a sudden you hear WTF, its gone into someone else lines they are screwing because he would of had a fish if the lines were not moved etc etc.
- Can be really hard to set up fi you are not tech savvy - If you are not tech savvy dont get a GPS Bait Boat for crying out loud because 9 times out of ten its the not the boat that is knackered its the person using it.
GPS BAIT BOATS do have a place in the industry and can work very very well if used correctly. There is some phenomenal technology out there at the moment for example The Injector and the connector by Bait Boat Technology Only Supplied and fitted by UKBespoke Baits Boats who is soon becoming a market leader in developing and supplying Bait Boat technology to the Market and a few others. You also have the PUCK Pilot by SP TACKLE.
So Things you need to consider before purchasing a Bait Boat with GPS. Do you really need it? (Basically are you just being flash). Can you use it? (Are you one of these people who are all the gear no idea).
YES overall Bait boats with GPS are really good to have if used correctly.
WHEN PURCHASING A BAIT BOAT PLEASE USE CHANNELS LIKE FACEBOOK AND YOUTUBE ON HOWTO SET THESE THINGS UP BECAUSE 9 TIMES OUT OF 10 THE INFORMATION IS ON THERE. LETS BE HONEST MOST OF US GET A PRODUCT DONT READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THEN SPEND AN HOUR ON THE PHONE TO A BAIT BOAT BUILDER EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM TO THEN FIND IF THEY READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THE PHONE CALL WOULD OF NOT BEEN NEEDED.